Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Biztalk Training

Last week, I attend a 3-day Biztalk training session in which I learned a few things. But before that, I want to disclaim that I, by no means, am Biztalk expert.

One, Biztalk databases must be backed-up using the included SQL backup job. This backups the database with the transaction logs and puts a stop point inside of the database so that restoration is easier. Two, a performance gain is not achived untill you reach 3 Biztalk servers due to overhead consumption. Three, there is a patch out there if you are running Biztalk server on a VMware virtual server, which we are. I guess you start seeing weird memory errors if you don't have this patch. We have experienced some of these errors and ar moving forward with deployment of this patch.

No comments: